[wendell-meetinghouse] Reminder Wendell Yule Concert Sat. at Town Hall

marianne sundell msundell65 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 9 11:29:41 EST 2015

Saturday December 12 will be an evening of song and seasonal
celebration at the Old Town Hall when the Wendell Community Chorus joins neo-Celtic
duo Lady Moon for the second annual Friends of the Wendell Meetinghouse Yule
Concert at 7 pm. Doors will open at 6:30 pm to allow time for enjoying bake sale treats and visiting.

First, the Wendell Community Chorus will be singing songs of
Spirit, Light, Mystery and Miracles. The chorus has been singing together for
approximately five years at community events and their own concerts under the leadership
of Morning Star Chenven. Their special guest Moonlight Davis will lead them in
some Gospel anthems and the audience is welcome to sing along.

Next, Lady Moon a celebrated pairing of Neo-Celtic artists
Kellianna and Jenna Green will take the stage at about 8pm. With stunning vocal
and Celtic harp, this duo features otherworldly harmonies on centuries old
traditional songs from the British Isles and beyond. Prepare to be transported
to magical realms by the vocal styling of this exquisite duo.

The concert is a benefit for Friends of the Wendell
Meetinghouse with partial proceeds going to the Wendell Community Chorus
scholarship fund. The suggested contribution is $10 for adults, $5 for kids
ages 6-17, 5 and under are free.
Refreshments will include sweet and savory treats.

Friends of the Wendell Meetinghouse recently oversaw
completion of a historic structures report that details our plans for restoring
the building and provides documentation for state historic grants. We are currently
raising funds to match state grants. Please also support our efforts to re-open
the Wendell Meetinghouse for public use for historical, cultural, spiritual,
and community programs by starting or renewing your annual membership for $10
or more at the concert or visit our website www.Wendell-meetinghouse.org.

Local membership and support is vital to our efforts, as a strong
showing of local support and solid membership numbers helps to enhance our
grant applications.

Marianne Sundell