[wendell-meetinghouse] Meetinghouse paint fund met and exceeded it's goals

marianne sundell msundell65 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 18 18:56:40 EDT 2016

The Friends of the Wendell Meetinghouse is happy to report that we not only met our goal of raising $4500 to paint half the building's exterior this year, we also raised enough to paint the whole building!

All together, the donations we received, the proceeds of the Playing for Paint concert, and a match made by an anonymous donor came to just a few dollars less then our goal to paint half the building. At our last meeting Charles Smith, who is currently Vice President, was a member of the buildings congregation when it was a church and a founding member of our non-profit announced his intention to cover the cost of painting the rest of the building!

A big thank you to Charles whose generosity will allow of to stop fundraising for paint and resume focusing on re-opening the building. Thank you also to local contractor Tom Chaisson for offering a very generous bid for the job and to everyone else who contributed time and money toward the paint fund. We look forward to painting the Meetinghouse most likely in the spring.

Meanwhile, we will be taking a vacation from Old Home Day this year, as we just completed a big project and board members need to tend to other obligations.

Marianne Sundell
President, Friends of the Wendell Meetinghouse

Sent from my iPhone