[wendell-meetinghouse] Wendell Meetinghouse Open House and Vision Circle Sunday Jan 7 at Meetinghouse and Deja Brew and new e-mail address

marianne sundell msundell65 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 22 15:59:15 EST 2017

Happy Holidays to all from Friends of the Wendell Meetinghouse!

FWM members please note that we will be changing our e-mail address so that we can send  out pictures as well as text. Please add wendellmeetinghouse at gmail.com to your safe list. In a fee days you will receive a copy of the poster for this event on the new e-mail.

Please join us on Sunday January 7, 2018 for a brief open house in the chilly Wendell Meetinghouse from 2-3 followed by wine, cheese, and potluck treats with informational displays at the DejaBrew starting at 2:30. At about 3:15 we’ll have a vision circle for everyone to share their dreams of using the meetinghouse.

After the circle there will be be a quick presentation on volunteer opportunities and time for planning a follow up event on February 11, also from 3-5 at the DejaBrew which will include a presentation on the plans to restore the building.

We encourage everybody who has been supporting our mission with with gifts of time & work, performance, prizes, art etc to join us and share your visions, insights, and wisdom even if you don’t have much time to get involved. It would be wonderful if other talented members of our community who could shine in the the space join us too.

We’re also looking more people who can put even a little time into this project. Expanding our circle of members will enable us to succeed at re-opening the building quickly.

As an introduction to some neighbors and a reminder to others “our mission is to preserve, maintain, and protect the Wendell Meetinghouse, a cornerstone of the Wendell Common and Historic District. Once the building has been restored to its former glory, it shall then be available for historical exhibits, cultural and spiritual programs, and it will serve as a meeting place for special events.”  Perhaps the fresh coat of paint that was our major project in 2017 can help you envision the Wendell Meetinghouse open and alive as an abundant showcase of local talent and spirit complete with seasonal celebrations with the Wendell Community Chorus; Celtic offerings from Kellianna; family friendly sing alongs with Carrie, Shelly and Ed Heinz; exhibits featuring local artists Donna Horn, Bob Ellis and others; theater featuring Court Dorsey and friends; spoken word with Paul Richmond, Mike Mauri and more; winter farmers, craft, & healing markets; shimmy’s with the Crescent Dancers; weddings and memorials featuring Dina Stander & Kai with receptions at town hall featuring feasts by Kathleen; plenty of room for yoga, meditation, martial arts, dance; historic exhibits upstairs; space for creative kids programs; someplace in Wendell for  Cooper’s & Bahai group’s workshops; a special spot to see visiting Chinese students perform; plenty of room for Rosie’s most popular speakers and Sunday morning events; musicians from Ajika Sawyer to Francis Doughty, the Equalites, Adam Bergeron, Bear Mountain Boys, Carrie Ferguson, the Josh Levangie, To the Moon, Peter Kim, Myron Becker, Pioneer Valley Gay Mens Chorus, the Gypsy Wranglers and more; and of course gospel led by Moonlight Davis filling the halls...

These are some of our visions for the Wendell Meetinghouse. We look forward to hearing yours on Jan 7th. Along with your visions please bring friends, family, and a sweet or savory treat if you’re so inclined.

Marianne Sundell