[wendell-meetinghouse] Notice of 2018 Friends of Wendell Meetinghouse Annual Meeting

Debbie Lynangale d.lynangale at wap.org
Wed Nov 14 20:47:21 EST 2018

Sent by Debbie Lynangale, Clerk:

The Friends of the Wendell Meetinghouse will hold its 2018 Annual Meeting at 7:00 PM on November 27 at 99 West Street, Wendell.  This will be the first of three meetings to discuss and brainstorm the vision for the renovation and usage of the Meetinghouse, to discuss fund-raising strategies for opening the Meetinghouse by summer 2021 (its 175th birthday), to confirm its interim board members and officers, and to discuss and approve changes to its articles and bylaws.

In alignment with our Articles of Incorporation, membership in the Friends of the Wendell Meetinghouse is open to those who wish to work together to preserve and maintain the Meetinghouse; voting membership is extended to anyone who attends three consecutive meetings. The Friends of the Wendell Meetinghouse By-laws also note that members pay annual fees, but that the Board of Directors may grant waivers of those obligations. For purposes of these three meetings, payment of dues or lack of thereof will not affect or determine voting membership status.

The current Board of Directors (one member confirmed at the last annual meeting, others filled in accordance with the By-laws by a majority vote at subsequent Board meetings) seeks community input and engagement, and welcomes all who believe they are members and all who have an interest in the Friends of the Wendell Meetinghouse to be present for three consecutive membership meetings. We will hold these meetings over the next few months and conclude this phase of our work in January.  For planning purposes, it would be helpful to have a list of those persons likely to attend.  Please RSVP to Court Dorsey court at crocker.com <mailto:court at crocker.com> if you are planning to come.

The Friends are excited to be starting on this new phase of our work together to help revitalize our historic Meetinghouse, and to initiate a new period of creative and spiritual programming in our community.  Membership is one way to be involved.  Please join us.