[wendell-meetinghouse] A few final Wendell Meetinghouse notes my from me: a reporters' headline; some very interesting synchronicity; Sam's gifts; a sprinkling of stardust; and a legal detail

marianne sundell msundell65 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 16 23:49:30 EST 2018

Dear Friends and Neighbors of the Wendell Meetinghouse,

Now that I have fully recovered from bug I had when writing my previous posts and have a clearer mind, there are a few more final  tidbits of meetinghouse news that I’d like to share with everyone. First, from a reporter’s perspective the big headline is that by combining previous volunteers, my suggestions, and his own initiative, Court  has assembled a dream team that includes many of the brightest minds in town! So be sure to check out the Full Moon Coffeehouse house tonight to help support their efforts & learn more details.

The very interesting synchronicity in this meetinghouse transition story is that Court is my oldest friend in Wendell by many years. We met each other in the late seventies when be still lived in the mid-west and I was in high school in Washington DC, long before either of us ever heard of Wendell. He was performing anti-nuclear street theater in front of the NRC, and I went down to cover it for the independent high school newspaper that I ran with my friends. Later when he moved to New England he became a part of the band “Bright Morning Star” who would come down to DC venues on tour. I must have been about sixteen, as I had the biggest crush on him before finding a boy friend was I was seventeen.

In pondering Karen’s post, it seems to me that Sam Eide has his own gifts that are distinct from his parents. He says restoring  old buildings and running non-profits are more his parents thing than his own. Sam is a wise man. He’s wise before his time, as they say,  through a combination of temperament and experience. Molly though he’s make a great therapist and I agree. I would check in with him only wrestling with related ethical or interpersonal issues, not logistics.

As for the pinch of  star dust-aside from all the amazing performers who have plugged in to support the Friends of the Wendell Meetinghouse- an interesting tidbit. I discover that my last event, the Vision Circle, happened to fall on a day  when “the moon is the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars” which only happens about every twenty years. Curiously, they also filmed the movie version of “Hair” in DC in  likely the same year that Court and I met.

Being the stickler for legal detail that I am , I also want to note that right now Court is the acting president, as is true for the rest of the team. Apparently, under state law, until the election has been held myself , Charles Smith, Kate Lee, and Justin Sundell-Thomas are the officers of legal record. So please also come out to Friends annual meeting and vote in numbers never seen before to keep the trend going & welcome in Court and his team!

Finally, I want to extend a huge thank-you to Court for taking on running  the friends when I was much in need of a break and too beset with medical troubles to really do the job, and also to those who have stepped up to join him.

Marianne Sundell